Saturday 1 March 2014

The final chapter

 The final chapter

Vibrant  smiles, giggles and butterflies,
a passionate heart that danced with such excitement
as i wait for your train to pull into the station.

Young innocent love
so many hopes and dreams of our tomorrows
no planning required, we'd go where our hearts would take us
and i would write of my love upon purple paper.


That very night of your proposal
standing in a pokey little jewellers
hand in hand we said...
for always and forever.

Walking down the aisle with my father
falling into eyes filled with promise and protection
whispering i love yous
as we say I DO.

The births of our children
enchanting sounds of laughter that ran through our house
three excited faces when daddies ship docked into port
sailing back into our lives once more.

The waiting for your return, counting down the months,weeks and days
longing for the tenderness I'd missed for so long
  I felt more alone and lost now
while you sang merry songs with merry sailors down the town.

Drinking came and nastiness followed
loving emotions pushed aside
in a house once full of laughter
 tears would fall like rain upon an empty sea.

Years of trekking a vicious circle
I found the strength i thought you had stolen
packed up your things and stumbled across
an old smile i once knew...my own.

Once again, i was me
my heart dancing through a meadow of tulips
finding new dreams with my head held high towards the clouds
like an ending to a final chapter
I sign the papers and close my book.


No comments: