Sunday 20 October 2013

MUMS MATHS DAY

On Friday I went back to school
Mums maths day’s what they said
I took a seat beside my son
Saw the work and thought…” I'm dead! ”

The teacher introduced herself
Then said “just ask if you are stuck…
We’re learning through last year’s GCSE’s”
And I sat there just thinking “oh ****”

I looked at the other mums sitting all smiley,
working their way through quite quick
I looked at the paper, my son sitting so eager
And thought “ ohh God help you… I’m thick!”

The teacher came wondering, I just knew she would
Politely said “that isn’t right”
Explained the problem and ways to resolve
Much to my bloody delight.

Well my son he got it, as the teacher went on
Then started explaining to me
I came here this morning to brush up on maths
But I can’t do a GCSE!

Can just about add up the bills every month
Work out prices of shoes in a sale
But give me year 11 maths GCSE
And it's written all over it…FAIL

Those green goblins they will come chasing
They’ll get me for sure i can tell
So I’ll sit here pretending it's all making sense
Until it is time for the bell! 

Well I can get top marks  in cuddles,  
Cleaning and cooking the tea
But I want my son to pass his exams
So Pleeeeease do not come asking me.

No comments: