Friday 2 November 2018

ONCE UPON A TIME

Once upon a time
I used to have hips
could eat anything I wanted
including cakes 'n'' chips!

I used to have a figure
A nice perked little bum
boobs round and quite uplifted
and a tight, flat, toned up tum.


I had no signs of stretch marks
no bags beneath the eyes
I never thought that I could
ever multiply in size.


Yet my body's proved me wrong
in fact; it's a disgrace
now it's so much more exhausting
running round from place to place.


So, every day in the mirror
there's this blob that stares at me
as I try to imagine...
the figure that used to be.

I stick my shoulders back
I tighten in my tum
I squeeze both cheeks together
just to get a nice shaped bum.


Yet it doesn't stay for long
as when I take a seat
it all unfolds it's self
to reveal the rolls of meat.


Calorie counting's too complicated
I LOVE FOOD, thats full of taste
big fat cream buns, choc digestives
bloody slimfast's just a waste.


So I console myself on the sofa
half a packet of biscuits with my brew
and I say "well i'm over 40 now,
what is a girl to do?"


I know I should really keep myself fit
maybe head down to that gym
I'd like the figure i used to have...
once upon a time when i was slim.

1 comment:

bugvince said...

Great job Nina. I’m glad to see that you’re still writing.