Wednesday 18 December 2013

 
 
 While you were sleeping
 

I  lie awake beside you with playing thoughts inside my head
as i watch you sleeping with dreams that dance beneath your lashes
listening to you as you breathe so gently,so softly
I stroke my fingers through your hair.

I tenderly circle your lips with my fingertip
remembering those beautiful words you had spoken directly to my heart
whisper "i love you" and rest my head upon your chest.

My love is sheltered and hidden away
as i am so afraid i will love you with everything i have
and if you walk away i will be left alone and lost
in a lingering emptiness

Your heartbeat plays like a muffled drum in a distant parade
as the rain outside pounds heavily against the hotel window
your arms wrap around me drawing me closer
I realise that moment...like a thief in the night
you had reached in and stolen my heart...

while you were sleeping









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: